Image; EarthyAndy Instagram
If you haven’t already jumped on the vegan bandwagon, you may not be aware of how amazing vegan ice cream really is.
I’m personally not a vegan, I enjoy eating bacon, cheese, fish, steak and so on. But, vegan ice cream is something that I love, and have been eating relentlessly in this summer heat. I stumbled across it a couple of months ago via the instagram goddess EarthyAndy. She lives the vegan life with her husband and two children and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of how beautiful her family is!
You can make so many different variations and flavours of vegan ice cream, all you need is
- 1-2 bananas (frozen)
- a splash of almond milk/soya milk
- your fruit of choice which is frozen too (I like to use raspberrys) about a handful of these. If you want chocolate ice cream, just buy some raw cocoa powder and add a tablespoon or so of this.
- vegan toppings, or non vegan if you want. Think nuts, seeds, peaches, strawberries, honey.
You will need a strong blender, like a nutri bullet or a food processor on its highest setting.
- Firstly, freeze your bananas the night before. Make sure you chop them up quite small so they blend easily in your blender.
- put these in the blender, along with the raspberries.
- Add the splash of almond milk/soya milk
- blend until a creamy, smooth consistency.
- empty out into a bowl, and shower with toppings, or on its own if you don’t have any!
I normally cover mine with dark chocolate chips, peaches, strawberries and sunflower seeds.