When it comes to makeup, people always tend to say “less is more“. But who are we to judge? It’s not like anyone will tell you off for wearing a red lipstick instead of lip balm, are they?
However, I know for a fact that being at university also means knowing what to wear, how to style your hair and makeup in order to look somewhat ‘presentable’ (not that I do that anyways!)
I am sure that the internet has a billion and one videos about the whole ‘no makeup makeup look’ and ‘natural makeup’ that, despite their titles, involve quite a few products and a lot of time.
So, if you want to experiment at night and wear quite the standard, natural makeup during lectures, I’ve got a couple of brands that I love and use on a regular basis.
- Brushes Never, under any circumstance, underestimate the power for a good foundation brush. It saves so much time and your skin will look even better! The ones I love (and pretty much the only ones I could afford) are the Real Technique Brushes. They’re so soft and really do the job – they also look rather pleasing which, for me, is a plus.
- Foundation I wouldn’t recommend wearing it on a regular basis, unless you feel more confident with it on. I still have lots of scars from acne and teenage years so, when I go to lectures, I still wear a light foundation to even my skin out. I tend to go for a vegan/cruelty free foundation where possible and NYX and e.l.f. make some pretty good ones.
- Mascara Nothing completes the look like a good mascara and some sweet brows. Both my mascara and brow pencil are from Soap & Glory, their makeup is literally insane. If you’re looking for a great powder, bronzer and highlight, look no further.
- Blush I do like a bit of colour on my face – especially when I go for the ‘I didn’t wake up like this but I’m pretending I did‘ look. My favourite face palette at the moment is by Sleek. Small, compact and highly pigmented. Exactly what I need.
- Lips Last but not least it’s lips. Now, this is completely optional (like everything else) but I have been enjoying wearing nude lipstick just to give my lips that even and slightly nicer colour. If you’re on the hunt for something cheap but great, make sure to check out Essence, absolutely loving their lipsticks and lip liners.
This is now completely up to you, if you feel like going to lectures with a full face of makeup then go for it!
I wish I had the time (or skills) to do it every single day, but since I’m always rushing somewhere, I tend to stick to just a couple of products that’ll help my face looking slightly more awake and less ill.