If you’re a fan of burgers, you absolutely need to try this Falafel recipe out!
For those of you who have never heard the word ‘falafel‘ before, it is a traditional Middle Eastern food which is usually served in a pita. They are topped up with sauces and salad (or whatever else you want really) and you can eat them on their own or put them in a pita, wrap, burger bun etc.
You can pretty much eat them however you want and they’re still gonna taste amazing!
1 bundle of fresh parsley
3 garlic gloves
1 tin of chickpeas
30gr of flour (feel free to use whichever flour you prefer)
2 tsp of cumin
- Mix together parsley, garlic, lemon juice and some salt and pepper (you’re gonna need a mixer or food processor for this – smoothie mixer works just fine!)
- Once they’re all blended together, add the chickpeas and mix until you get a mixture with a bit of chunkiness and texture.
- Add flour and mix with a spoon until the dough is firm enough to handle. Get a handful of the mixture and roll it into a ball (or burger) and place them onto a baking tray.
- Before baking them (or frying them, whichever you prefer) you can always leave them in the fridge for 15 minutes. However, this is completely optional.
- Bake them for 30-40 minutes, making sure you flip them halfway through. If you decide to fry them, add oil to a pan and let them fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Chop your toppings, add all the sauces you want and place the falafel in your bread of choice (pita or buns always work for me!).
And that is literally it! They taste amazing and are so easy to make – you won’t have a lot to wash up afterwards either, which is always a plus in my opinion!